In 2017, they had 700 million accounts, which is already twice the United States population! The latest statistic is 1 billion monthly active users in 2019.
In 2016, Instagram stories (a playoff snapchat stories) was launched to create better interaction with audience through video, sound and interactive experiences such as games, polls, doodles, emojis, geotags, lenses and enlarged text.
Adding clickable #hashtags, brands can attach links and landing pages moving you away from the Instagram platform and onto their website within seconds! We think brilliant, right?
So, what does this mean for you as a business owner?
- The opportunity for more exposure and engagement with your audience!
- A must have tool to for content marketing!
- You should Design a story’s scenario
- You need to Polish the content
- It is important to Plan the timing!
Become a Story Teller!
Are you doing a product launch on your site? Use a story to point viewers in that direction, even if it means counting down the days till the launch. Stories are influential because they create views which add followers. Remember that within six months, Instagram itself gained about 150 million daily users.
Define your #Goals
When you have a strong scenario that engages your audience, don’t forget the CTA – click to action. What is your goal for your Instagram story? Is it user engagement, or user content creation? Take Ben and Jerry’s recent Instagram stories, they promoted a new product and reminded users at end to pick one up at their local store.
Tell your users exactly what you need them to do, you’ll be surprise how many of them do just that!
A quick recap:
- Stories last on your feed for 24 hours
- Stories can be embellished unless your profile is private
- Think of memorable content, as the video is only 10 seconds!
- Using interactive elements can really attract an audience!
For more information, check out Instagram’s blog post on stories as well as well as the how-to video below.
Now, go out there and grow your business, one story at a time!